Wednesday 30 June 2010

Day off in Canmore

Hey, Canmore’s a really nice town! It’s a pretty quiet tourist town and has got a good feeling about it. I’ve just spent the day wandering around and enjoying the sunshine. Plenty of restaurants and cafes to satisfy a hungry Trans-Canada cyclist too! A very relaxing place to recharge my legs.

I shot a few snaps while out and about. All these were taken within a couple of blocks of my motel which was right in the town centre.   

IMG_3143
The Bow Valley Motel is recommended by me.
IMG_3111
Stream running through town
IMG_3147
Ceannmore (or Ceann Mor) is Gaelic for "Big Head" (as in great leader)
IMG_3132
It's "Canada Day" tomorrow
IMG_3153
The Big Head and the mountain
IMG_3140
Interesting fire hydrant
IMG_3115
Looking up 6th Avenue
IMG_3116
Boardwalk trail in town
IMG_3166
The "Day Off" funny!

1 comment:

Jason Dalton said...

Great pics, although I don't share your interest with the fire hydrant. Happy Canada Day to you!